2009. január 29., csütörtök

"Pizza" with Sunchokes and Smoked Cheese (BBD#16)

I love pizzas and pizza-style breads because they're quick and easy to prepare, and the topping can be changed according to my mood or the contents of the fridge. Sometimes I make it with the classic tomato sauce, but I also like this white variety with cream cheese and yoghurt, or sour cream. Originally, it was topped with scraps of bacon, but since I became vegetarian, I've made it with pieces of smoked cheese instead. I often use parenyica, which is a special Hungarian cheese. It is kneaded and rolled up, and has a delicious flavour.

Now I'm going to share my old recipe, as well as a variation on it, which I've prepared specifically for BBD #16 Bread with Cheese.

* * *

White "Pizza"

Ingredients:

For the dough:
  • 2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 7 g active dry yeast
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 Tsp olive oil
  • 1 tsp honey or unrefined cane sugar
  • cca. 200 ml lukewarm water
For the topping:
  • 200 g cream cheese + 175 g yoghurt (375 g thick sour cream is also fine)
  • 200 g smoked cheese (I use parenyica, but it works with almost any kind of cheese)
  • Provance herb mix (or oregano, basil, rosemary, thyme - dried or fresh)
Preparation:
  1. Knead a soft dough from the ingredients (by hand or with the help of a bread-maker). Cover it and put to a warm place.
  2. Prepare the topping. Mix the cream cheese and the yoghurt (or the sour cream) with the herbs. Cut the cheese to small pieces.
  3. Grease a large baking sheet (I use a rectangular one, and cut the baked "pizza" to four smaller rectangles).
  4. Roll out the dough and put to the baking sheet. Spread the topping on it, then arrange the pieces of cheese.
  5. Bake for cca. 20 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius. It's ready when the edges pull apart from the baking sheet and the cheese gets a bit roast.
  6. Cut into slices and serve immediately. Since the cheese is a bit salty, I don't put extra salt into the topping. However, you can put a little salt on it on your plate if desired.
* * *

"Pizza" with Sunchokes and Smoked Cheese
(White "Pizza" - Winter Edition :)

This time I prepared a variation on this recipe, and I think this way it was even more delicious. For the dough, I made the one for Pogácsa with Sunchokes, and for the topping I unrolled the parenyica, to get swirls. I spread only 175 g yoghurt on the dough, and sprinkled it generously with the dried herbs. It took cca. 30 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius to bake it. I think the sunchokes and the smoked cheese is a very good combination. I drank a glass of red wine afterwards. (Unfortunately, sunchokes aren't available all the year, so this is kind of a "Winter Edition" of the dish.)


7 megjegyzés:

erős ildikó írta...

Kedves Dulmina!
Ha van kedved és időd, kérlek, nyilatkozz majd Te is a függőségeidről!
http://napmatka.blogspot.com/2009/01/fuggosegrol-es-konyharol-meg-ami.html
Köszönöm.

Ottis írta...

Nagyon gusztán néz ki!

pepus írta...

Kedves Dulmina, a Tsp és a tsp ugyanaz és tablespoon vagy teaspoon? köszi nagyon

Dulmina írta...

Nem ugyanaz,
tsp = teaspoon
Tsp = tablespoon

Amúgy mindkét tészta leírása megvan magyarul is, az Alapreceptek között Pizzatészta, illetve Csicsókás kelt tészta néven. Meg ezt az aktuális alkotást is bemutattam magyarul itt.

Jó sütést, ha hozzálátsz!

pepus írta...

köszi nagyon, nem ismertem ezt a különbségtételt! kipróbálom ezerrel - most szoktatom magunk lefelé a fehér lisztről! :)

Dulmina írta...

Szívesen. Remélem, ízleni fog!

GStaples írta...

I like how this looks, very nicely done.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails