For the batter (for cca. 20 pancakes, depending on the size):
- 4 tablespoon (80 g) whole wheat flour
- 4 tablespoon (80 g) whole rye flour
- 4 tablespoon (80 g) corn flour
- 1,5 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- a pinch of salt
- (for the brown ones: add 2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder, too)
- (if you want it to have a smell of spring: add a handful of elderberry flowers without the stalks - it works with dried elderberry flowers, too)
- cca. 700-800 ml water
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
your favourite jam / honey + cocoa powder / honey + ground cinnamon / honey + ground walnuts / hazelnut cream / shredded apples / cottage cheese / etc.
- Measure the powders into a large bowl and mix well. Add the water in 3-4 smaller instalments, and mix until smooth. Finally, add the oil and mix again.
- Heat a non-stick griddle or frying pan, then pour some batter into it. (If it doesn't spread thin, add some more water to the rest of the batter.) Brown on both sides over high heat, flipping it when the edges pull away from the griddle.
- Spread the filling on the pancake, roll it up and eat. It's great both hot and cold. (I usually eat the first ones while I'm preparing the rest :)